HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
craigincali

Back after 6 six years away and I have questions

4 posts in this topic

I have ridden for 20+ years but it has been 6 years since I have had an offroad bike. I picked up a 1999 YZ400F for dirt cheap recently and I have come to realize that I have been out of the loop so long I need help.

This is my first Yamaha as I have always owen KTMs or Huskys prior to this. I am having a hard time finding quality skid plates, radiator guards , and frame savers for my bike. Any help would be appreciated. I have searched many site but I have come up with very little. The skid plate needs to be Alum, thick and high quality.

Tires, tires, tires. I used to run Mich Deserts and Dunlop 9 something. Is it my imagination or is hard to find good 19" tires??

Thanks in advance,

Craig

I am in Southren California so it mostly sand and soft stuff. Not too much rock. I will look into those tires, thanks for the advice !!!