HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
speedy1984

All 250 sxf 08 problems and first mods pls

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,well after some time out after a crash and selling my bike i am now on the look out for a ktm to thrash.Always had crfs but its time to see why everyone rides a ktm these days.Looking at a 08 250 sxf so and pointers as to what to look for valves/waterpumps ect and best first mods jetting/suspenion ect.

Cheers all

I bought a used '08 250 sxf six months ago after riding Jap bikes for over thirty years. Jetting it was a challenge but it is working good now. It mostly needed a smaller (if I remember correctly) leak jet to allow more fuel via the accell' pump. So far, it has been a very solid machine. My only complaint is the center of gravity is a little high compared to the Zook & Kawa bikes I've been riding. It more than makes up for it in steering prowess though. I was a little phobic about going with a KTM because I always thought they were a little weird and had questionable reliability, but no more. Very nice bikes!

i have an 07 250sxf and i love it the valves never move always fires right up hot or cold

im now doing the first top end on it since ive owned it not because its blown but because its goin on 75 hours on oem piston!!!! lol

take care of it maintain it and keep it clean and itll be a good bike!!