HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TLRMAN

Stator Question and fan YZ 450 F 05

11 posts in this topic

Yes i know there is a lot of this post but i would like to know if i can use the stock stator of my 05 YZ 450 F to power a fan on the radiator

Probably not. There basically is no surplus current in that system. Batteries are the answer.

Probably not. There basically is no surplus current in that system. Batteries are the answer.

Thanks.Here is SA we do not have all the nice thing you guys have so we must use what we can :banghead:

You have 9 volt dry cells, though, and they'll do the job for you without interfering with the operation of your ignition.

You have 9 volt dry cells, though, and they'll do the job for you without interfering with the operation of your ignition.

Thanks. so i can use the wires from the stator that comes out of the enjin is that right?

One could always hope, but so far, I haven't heard of a rewound stator for the YZ450 that was reliable.

Thanks. so i can use the wires from the stator that comes out of the enjin is that right?

No.

No.

Ok sorry for all the questions but what wires can I use then?

Edited by TLRMAN

Once again, you cannot successfully run fans off of the electrical system on your motorcycle. You will need to wire them to their own batteries.

Once again, you cannot successfully run fans off of the electrical system on your motorcycle. You will need to wire them to their own batteries.

Ok thanks for the info. :banghead: