Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thejoeb

Nevada
clubs/groups in reno and sparks area

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I was really hoping to ride this weekend, but all my riding buddies backed out at the last minute and i couldnt find anybody else who wasnt doing anything. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I was wondering if anybody knew of any clubs or groups of riders that did trail rides around the reno/sparks area on a regular basis. Any info is appreciated. I want to get as much riding in before my summer job starts up in a few months. :thumbsup:

What kind of bike what kind of riding?

I would join Dust Devils if you need riding partners.

I am riding single track out of Markleeville Sunday.

I currently ride a honda cr250. I am willing to do any kind of riding within an intermediate level. Do the dust devils have a web site or something I could check out?

Yes they do but they are Dual Sport and all 4-stroke. Just go out to the play areas (moon rocks, Wilson Canyon, etc) and you will find many people.

In the reno/sparks we have MRANN for offroad racing and riding.

There are several clubs that participate. if your not interested in racing, most everyone rides every weekend.

sent you a pm with a #

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By hrpufinstuff
      I'd like to exchange info on good loops within a day-trip of Vegas.  In exchange I can offer inside local info on Moab, or SW Colorado(Durango/Rico Area), and NW NM stashes.  Ideally, someone can provide .gpx loops that can be followed simply with a bar-mounted gps.  I can provide some fantastic routes in the areas listed above.  I'm looking for someone with more than a website or map recommendation.  It takes too long to find the good stuff that way.  We are all experienced technical riders and we'd like to ride as much singletrack as possible.  
      I'll be in the Vegas area in early April with a group of A-B level off road (somewhat responsible adult) riders.  A few riders will be on 2-strokes with a 75-ish mile range.  We can carry gas if necessary.  Some bikes won't be plated.  
      I've got lots of Moab and Colorado loops mapped that I can exchange.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks, HR
    • By Metal19
      I'm from California and planning a trip in May 2017 to go ride the Moon Rocks/Hungry Valley area in northern Nevada. I heard part of the area was transferred to the Native American tribes last year. I called the BLM to find out what was still available to ride and they weren't super specific. I'm attaching the "map" they sent me. Not super helpful.
      Can anyone comment on if there is still good riding in the public land that remains? I've never been up there so I have no idea what to expect. Just want to make sure it's worth the trip from California. I get the sense that there is still plenty of good riding, but I want to see if anyone has been up there since the land transfer.

• By dino 702
      1. Mercury
      2. Nelson Hills
      3. Knob Hill
      4. Jean
      5. Good Springs
      6. Ute Road
      7. North Apex
      8. Logandale Trails
      9. Hell's Half Acre (Alamo)
      10. Dutchmans Pass
      With the exception of the Alamo area all riding areas can be reached generally within an hours travel time depending what side of town you’re coming from.
      You've heard my top ten...let's hear yours. Post them here.
      This list was compiled in no particular order just depends on what terrain you want to ride and all areas have both single and double track (for you quad guys).
      Some areas have BLM, Lake Mead Recreation Area, Private Land and other out of bound areas so beaware of where your at when riding.
    • By NVDESERTPETE
      I had this morning off and thought I'd ride at APEX this morning. They had signs at both parking ends stating that Nellis Dunes was closed from 10-2 thru 10-6 for a special event. I'm assuming it's the annual SCORE or whatever it's called race.
    • By Extreme Outdoors
      Hi. I'm trying to get people together from Nevada while the 09 Legislature is in session to stop the DMV from refusing to register off road bikes and other OHV's that have been converted into dual sport street legal bikes.
      According to Baja Designs , they started hearing about the denials about the 1st of the year. (late 2008 - 2009)
      I would like to know if anyone here in Nevada is interested in helping to get the DMV to change it's policies by contacting their state representatives, governor’s office and the DMV director on the subject.
      I also like to know when the DMV stopped the registration of converted dual sports and if you have one registered in Nevada, what the make model year and when you 1st registered it.
      Please contact me here or extremeoutdoors@cox.net