Electric start wont work

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can help me with a wr450 starter problem. Went on a ride yesterday and half way through the ride the electric start stopped working. I was getting a ticking noise from the the starter relay I think. Basically where Positive battery lead goes into the fuses. I though the battery may be drained from a new Trail Tech computer but I charged the battery and disconected the computer and the same ticking occured. I have also jumped the positive terminal to the Starter lead and nothing not even a click. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I don't have an Estart yet But I suspect it is like every other starter. and from wnat you have said it sounds like your relay may have given up. if it is not a seprate relay then remove the starter and apply 12v to the starter it's self to see if you can get it to activate. Once again I don't know but, it seems that there are several diff companys that sell them it may be a inherently weak part in the WR's. I have also seen a few topics on here that deal with starter upgrades. I have not read them as I do not have one. good luck.

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can help me with a wr450 starter problem. Went on a ride yesterday and half way through the ride the electric start stopped working. I was getting a ticking noise from the the starter relay I think. Basically where Positive battery lead goes into the fuses. I though the battery may be drained from a new Trail Tech computer but I charged the battery and disconected the computer and the same ticking occured. I have also jumped the positive terminal to the Starter lead and nothing not even a click. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I had this too and I thought something was broken but it was my 1 month old battery crapped out

I had this too and I thought something was broken but it was my 1 month old battery crapped out

Yeah, I say try a different battery before going any farther. You can just jump power off your car battery directly to the starter motor for a quick free test.

I had this same thing too and my 2 week old battery crapped out.

I had this same thing too and my 6 week old battery crapped out.