Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChaseB

Dropped Screw Tip Taking out stator! HELP!

4 posts in this topic

OK First and foremost... I know Im a complete idiot.

The Issue: I have a 2002 YZ426 Im lighting up..

I laid the bike on its side to remove the stator and install my new WR stator and flywheel, and well.. I dropped the screw tip I was using into the crankcase. I tried to get a flexible telescoping magnet but its no use. Tomorrow ill take the right side of the crankcase off to see if I can find anything ( I was going to replace the gasket anyway) Does anyone have any idea of what I can do?

Edited by ChaseB

OK First and foremost... I know Im a complete idiot.

The Issue: I have a 2002 YZ426 Im lighting up..

I laid the bike on its side to remove the stator and install my new WR stator and flywheel, and well.. I dropped the screw tip I was using into the crankcase. I tried to get a flexible telescoping magnet but its no use. Tomorrow ill take the right side of the crankcase off to see if I can find anything ( I was going to replace the gasket anyway) Does anyone have any idea of what I can do?

get a nice strong flexible magnet stick, thats what i got, it helps alot in the sense you can kind of just force it down and itll bend down and around a bit, saved my ass so many times i cant remember, because we all know that sometimes, shit happens, so them magnet sticks are very handy , i know out snowmobiling we dont go out with out having 1 because its essential!

and hopefully opening your crank cover there will allow you to get at it i would think, because if you dropped it down in the timing chain shaft, that goes down to the stator there, so just pull that cover off no biggy, and i dont see how you could get it to go anywhere else like the little area where the piston and crankrod is any how, so should be a quick fix

Edited by Octanee

Just FYI. I was able to get it out. I took off the left engine cover and there is a mall hole that accesses the inside of the cases. Then I was able to get a magnetized screw driver to pull out the tip. I hope my stupidity helps someone in the futue :thumbsup:

Edited by ChaseB

Just FYI. I was able to get it out. I took off the left engine cover and there is a mall hole that accesses the inside of the cases. Then I was able to get a magnetized screw driver to pull out the tip. I hope my stupidity helps someone in the futue :thumbsup:

I wouldn't call dropping a screw stupid. We all make mistakes, and you got it out. :thumbsup:

Stupid would have been figuring that all would be fine, and riding it like that. :thumbsup: