HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christopher McClelland

YZ 450 chain tensioner

3 posts in this topic

Ive put about 30 hours( not racing) on my bike and was thinking maybe I should ajust my timing chain tensioner. How would I go about doing this? I just want to make sure its not going to skip a tooth and destoy itself.

There's a yz450f forum I'm sure theirs lots of info over there, maybe even if a sticky. I'm sure if you did a search you'll find it. I'm not sure if that'll help you though since you have a yz450. I never knew yamaha made a 2-stroke that size or one that had a timing chain. :thumbsup:

I don't understand why a lot of people don't put the f on the end. Not just you.

I believe that bike has an auto cam chain tensioner doesn't it? If you need to replace the chain here's a sticky.

http://www.thumperta...91#entry2520291

Hopefully that helps. I'd let someone else chime in that has the model bike since I don't own that bike.

Edited by 79yamdt

YA!!!! Its the new yz450 2 stroke. They double lobed the cams. Its design is based of the 4 stroke 450 for proven reliability. It feches 100hp double that of that old and tired 4 joke.

2 STROKES 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!