Gavin Faith to fill in for Stewart

You beat me to it. Why have a fill in when James is only out for a short time?

Press Release

HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. – Privateer Gavin Faith has been selected by the JGRMX/Toyota/Yamaha Team to fill in for James Stewart while he recovers from a fractured bone in his hand sustained during a crash in Indianapolis.

Faith, 20 years of age, hails from Fort Dodge Iowa and has had an impressive amateur career. He has finished in the top-10 in the Supercross Lites Class, and is looking forward to riding the JGRMX/Toyota/Yamaha prepared YZ450F in the premier Supercross Class at the Seattle and Salt Lake City rounds of the Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship on April 21 and 28 respectively. Stewart just began riding again and depending on the progress of his recovery may return for the final round on May 5, in Las Vegas, Nev.

Faith will make his JGRMX/Toyota/Yamaha Team debut this Saturday, April 21 at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, Wash. SPEED will air the event live in its entirety starting at 10:30 p.m. (EST).

Does anyone know what actually happened to Faith in the heat? I know he was tangled up with another rider and they mentioned his leg may have been stuck in the rear wheel of the other bike but Speed never showed the actual crash.

Does anyone know what actually happened to Faith in the heat? I know he was tangled up with another rider and they mentioned his leg may have been stuck in the rear wheel of the other bike but Speed never showed the actual crash.

Wey was behind him, right? Looks like he tried tried to block pass Faith in the corner and went too deep...

Yeah. No need to see the crash from the heat race. The LCQ was proof the bike SUCKED. No one near him, heading for the turn and that front end just came all loose. Hope he did'nt hurt the dang camera, those things are expensive.

From CycleNews:

KIT_1069.JPG

This close encounter between Nick Wey (27) and Gavin Faith (617) result in this...

KIT_1074.JPG

...Faith getting his foot caught between Wey's rear sprocket and wheel. Both Wey and Faith went to the LCQ - Wey transferred, Faith did not.

Edited by MotoEye

Yeah. No need to see the crash from the heat race. The LCQ was proof the bike SUCKED. No one near him, heading for the turn and that front end just came all loose. Hope he did'nt hurt the dang camera, those things are expensive.

Seriously.... :banghead: tell me again why his team mate can ride the yami so well then?