What to offer ?

I've been stalling the WR forum for a little while now trying to get the inside on these bikes.

I'm mostly over at the XR side because I ride a XR400 and a XR250 but an opportunity has come my way to buy a WR450 and I think these forums are the best in-site for knowledge on any bike.

All the info I have on this wr450 is that it was part of a lawsuit/dealer/partner relationship that went bang and the guy I know ended up with it as part of the sediment. He has no interest in it whats-so-ever and knows I am into bikes and has offered it to me a couple times. It could be a few years old with very low miles, like maybe ten miles on it which leads me to believe it's like a 2007 or newer that sat around.

I would love to up grade to a WR but I have no idea what to offer for this bike, I know he wants to barter for some of it . I'm thinking of the 2000 range , what do you think ?

2006 was the last of the steel framed WR's, they went aluminum in '07. That should help you determine the approximate year of the bike. Do you know any of the details of the settlement? This might help you in determining what to offer for the WR. As for upgrading, the WR is a serious upgrade from the old XR series!!! Good luck! Maniac

2500 for the steel framed one if its stock and in great condition. 3500 for the aluminum framed wr if its in great condition.

That's the max you should pay.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies, this is a for real super deal and I'm not going to let go.

If and when I make it happen I'll plaster this place with pic's

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies, this is a for real super deal and I'm not going to let go.

Tell him that it's "really bad" for a racing bike to sit.....and a lot of things might have "gone bad" on it. You know "carbs can get all gummed up" and then there's the rubber parts that "dry rot"... :thumbsup: See how $1500 "cash" sounds. He might not have any idea what it should sell for, so you should act like you don't either.

I would scoop it up for sure. But make sure the title and necessary paper work all come with it. Working all that out can be a major pain if something is screwy with it. You'll love the WR

Trade-in on a GC 07 WR450 is less than $2500. IMO, a real super deal should be less than that, maybe $2k.