Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mackalroy

FMF RCT 4.1, full system or slip on for 2010 YZ450F?

4 posts in this topic

Currently riding a 2010 yz450f. Looking to purchase a FMF RCT 4.1 exhaust system. Are they any good? What would I gain on purchasing a full system with a megabomb header over just purchasing the FMF slip on? Why?

Currently riding a 2010 yz450f. Looking to purchase a FMF RCT 4.1 exhaust system. Are they any good? What would I gain on purchasing a full system with a megabomb header over just purchasing the FMF slip on? Why?

I am very happy with my FMF RCT 4.1 exhaust ! I have the complete system, makes the hole powerband come alive. With this pipe I actually think this is the best EFI powerband Ive ever had.

I don´t know if you really need the complete exhaust or just the slip on. All I can say is that complete is working great.

yz450124.jpg

I’ve ridden both Yosh/FMF/Akro complete and slip on's and on my 12 I ended up just going with the FMF slip on. Really just helped the bike to rev like I was used to.. if you've got money to blow then a full pipe is great and noticeable throughout the complete power range. But only by a hair and honestly not worth my money.. then again I tend to crash and brake stuff..lol

Oh yeah, so how much horse power might the full system or/and the slip on add to the machine?