Valve seal problem

I had the header removed on my 09 and looked inside the exhaust port with a flashlight, and the exhaust valves looked like they had some oil around the stem seals. I don't know for sure if it was oil, and my bikes jetting is rich so could it be something else?

I don't remember seeing anything on the intake valves when I had the carb off.

?

is it burning oil? chances are dpeending on alot of stuff ,your valve seals could be worn so its slowly letting oil by, and you may not notice it so much since its the exhaust valves that it would fly out of the exhaust rather then being "burned"

so probably whta needs to be done, and ive done all this at home my self with home made tools :thumbsup: is get your head pulled, remove valves, replace seals, and put them in, but some times you got to get some valve seating compound and a suction cup and spin them in the seat to get a good proper seal again as they usually wear/sit in the seat a certain way that it seals its self so when you remove it you may not get it to seal back as good again,

but thats just my experience, if you dont mind some work and your a handy man you could probably do it all at home, other wise like many dealers, you could pay somebody to do it

...some times you got to get some valve seating compound and a suction cup and spin them in the seat to get a good proper seal again as they usually wear/sit in the seat a certain way that it seals its self so when you remove it you may not get it to seal back as good again,

Never, ever, under any circumstances should you lap a titanium valve.

Never.

http://www.wiseco.com/PDFs/Manuals/TitValveInstall.pdf

Never, ever, under any circumstances should you lap a titanium valve.

Never.

http://www.wiseco.co...alveInstall.pdf

ohhh ok, well i put 3 stainless steels into my intake and i did that with em, but im still learning lots!, good read