HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SSchulz

Hebo clutch

4 posts in this topic

Installed my hebo clutch. I mounted the slave with a small aluminum bracket I made from some scrap I had laying around. Clutch pull is better than stock, but not quite as easy as I thought it would be. Maybe it will lighten up with a little use? Kevin at Erider has great prices and excellent service.

hebo2.jpg?bcoep47AZPDTQiLH

[This message has been edited by SSchulz (edited September 02, 2001).]

Glad to hear your Hebo is up and running. If you wanna feel good about your clutch pull, go pull a clutch on a KTM thumper and you'll realize yours is pretty darn good. Do you have any pictures of the bracket you made? I am interested in ditching my tie wrap system in favor of a more rigid mounting system?

Pat

SSchulz, that is trick! I changed my lever that came on on my Hebo to a more CR like lever from Gas Gas. It fits perfectly & is much better than the Hebo mini-lever clutch lever that comes with the "kit". The action is much smoother & clutch work is awesome, so much less effort.

Originally posted by PK:

Do you have any pictures of the bracket you made? I am interested in ditching my tie wrap system in favor of a more rigid mounting system?

Pat

Hi Pat. I changed the pic to a slightly different view so you can see the bracket a little better. It is very easy to make and securely mounts the slave unit. I can probably make you up one if you don't have the means to make one. I think I will try a different lever like GA426 suggested and see if that improves the pull a bit.