'03 450 Carb screw up...

I failed to drain and clean my carb properly. I then took it way too far apart and cannot get the two mid body gaskets.

I was unaware that parts would be unavailable.

What should I do now?

Try to build the special o-rings?

Buy a carb off ebay for $250?

Will an 05 or newer work on my 03 450?

Thanks.

Doh, well iam pretty sure i could have done the same thing =)

I think i would get one off ebay, get a 06+ they got a leak jet, if you dont have the hotstart by your clutch lever already you need a complete perch too, and check if the throttle are diffrent too. I got it all for my yz400 of a 08 for 220 dollars i think it was. It was all plug 'n play..

Thanks I saw that gasket and called them but there is one more I need. I guess maybe I will buy another carb...

Mine has a hotstart.

http://www.jdjetting...p?productid=132

Happen to see it when poking around, of course if I accidently took mine apart I'd be hard pressed to not put a Athena dual spray venturi jet in.. But I'm a weirdo

http://www.tokyomods...arburetion.html

Edited by The Extractor

Bugger, If its a regular oring a supply house should have one. Probaly order online and still be cheaper than a new carb.

Not a reg o ring or I would be roosting already.....

going to try see if I can get some made..... heres hoping. Maybe my old one is still in the trashcan....

You should be able to make one out of the blue high-temp silicone, no problem.

Liquid gasket? Wouldn't be the cleanest or prettiest way, but would probably work if you were careful.

Edit: Krannie beat me to it.

Edited by woods-rider

Liquid gasket? Wouldn't be the cleanest or prettiest way, but would probably work if you were careful.

Edit: Krannie beat me to it.

...and I'm keeping score....