HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
n19dg2

09 starter?

3 posts in this topic

I have an 09 WR450 that is giving me problems. The e-start appears to be "dragging" when I press the starter button. The bike will turn over slowly then you hear a "clicking" noise (solenod perhaps) and nothing. The battery is fully charged and I have a second battery that I tried as wel with the same results. The bike will fire right up when I use the kick start but not when I use the e-start. I want to be sure it is the starter before I spend $297 for a new one. Is the soleniod replacable or is it internal? Anyone else have this issue with a newer WR?

Have you checked all of your electrical connections? I would definately pull them all apart, clean them, and re-install with di-electric grease, before I'd buy a new starter. Even if this didn't fix the problem, it should eleminate it from ever being the problem in the future. Hope this helps.

Maniac