yz426 oil filters

hi everyone - i just recently purchased a decent 2001 yz426 and i changed the oil and the filter media had metal shards so im chucking it out but.. the PO had given me a metal filter that looks like it was used- i dont want to use it but all the shops are closed..what is this?should i use it or whats a good filter to get?? i m just gonna ride recreationally with this bike so how often should i change the oil and filter? i ride quite fast for an old guy..anyway thanks ...

Edited by zokalr13

yeah thanx for the info -it appears that it is a used oem filter so im going to buy a knock off stainless filter and change oil and filter every 3 rides like everyone else does ..also another qestion.. how do you make a T4 system quieter?? is there a baffle for the end of the muffler i can bolt on..?? and also-what brand of aftermarket plastic is closest blue to yammi blue??

also-what brand of aftermarket plastic is closest blue to yammi blue??

Both Acerbis and UFO make Yamaha Reflex blue. I'm partial to UFO because there a little bit cheaper. I just did a rebuild on my 426 and the UFO plastic works great.

shawn1512.jpg

Edited by idle_mind