How wire + to front light switch after stator mod (floating the ground)?

Hi guys,

I have had my stock stator on my wr450 -06 modded to floating the ground. I also have a rectifier for it, but I do not know where to connect the new + wire from the battery to replace old wire from rectifier to the front light switch. Hope you guys understand what I have written and can help me out here.

Questions or clarifications needed? Let me know and I will answer them as best I can.

Regards Rob

once you float the ground, you need to replace your voltage regulator with a higher output DC unit. After that, to power your headlight/taillight, they both have to receive their power source directly from the battery thru a switch.

once you float the ground, you need to replace your voltage regulator with a higher output DC unit. After that, to power your headlight/taillight, they both have to receive their power source directly from the battery thru a switch.

I have replaced the rectifier/votage regulator to one with a higher output DC unit. The taillight was no problem said the guy that modified the stator for me (he does more than 50% of the statormods for the factoryteams (KTM, Husaberg etc) in the Endurochampionchips). But he said that I should cut the + cable to the headlight switch and replace it with a new one directly from the battery. But I have no clue on where to do this, so that the stock switch still works and all.

look at topic #8

Did you ever complete this project? I am at the same point that you were when you started this topic. I have the theory down, just looking for the cleanest way to accomplish it.

Did you ever complete this project? I am at the same point that you were when you started this topic. I have the theory down, just looking for the cleanest way to accomplish it.

Yes I did, but I had a friend that is super with electrics doing it. I am on long term sick leave due to being burnt out, so my head does not work as it should.

When I get better I will write it down for ya and post it, but that will probably take a month or two more before I am fit enought to do that. Sorry mate.

//Rob