What oil do I use?

Wow, glad to see the rest of the people on here are so helpful. personally i use Shell's Rotella T 15W40. its relatively cheap and has kept my bike running right. and im sure once you get to actually go out and try the 400 the 4stroke will start to grow on yah:) -Wes

Coming from the guy who has piece of s*** in his username I don't really expect very much :/

what is the deal you guys?? grow up.

for cheap oil you can't beat rotella or hypertech from walmart 20-50w

Wow, you ALL need to lighten up. Seriously, Glenn was right, this has been covered literally 100 times, oil is completely subject to your view of what kind you like and why and if you're going to "work on a bike" then get a damn manual so you can stop asking the same damn questions people without manuals keep asking. Hell, a GOOGLE search will find the answer as will looking right next to the oil fill plug on your crankcase. And there is probably a manual uploaded somewhere for free. If you're going to be a smart ass, expect a smart ass answer.

GENERALLY, one quart of oil will fill a WR. Use any damn oil you please as long as its a motorcycle specific and change the filter at least every other time. Since its only a quart, I personally use a full synthetic, and change the filter every time. I buy a new pre-oiled air filter and change that every 2 or 3 rides.

There are 5000 schools of thought regarding oil and what you should run; no one has ever had issues with motorcycle specific oil; can't say the same about anything else.

That help?

Mike

Edited by miweber929
  • Like 1

No need to get smart here. I asked a simple question. Usually you Either answer the question or u don't comment. U don't make some comment that doesn't even relate to answering my question. How old are you? Act your age not your shoe size. I'm 16 and seems like I'm a lot more mature than you and have more respect. And if your really gonna sit here and argue with a minor about a simple question that really shows how mature you are.

No need to get smart here. I asked a simple question. Usually you Either answer the question or u don't comment. U don't make some comment that doesn't even relate to answering my question. How old are you? Act your age not your shoe size. I'm 16 and seems like I'm a lot more mature than you and have more respect. And if your really gonna sit here and argue with a minor about a simple question that really shows how mature you are.

If you are 16 and so "mature" than why pick a screen name like 99wr400POS? Why don't you learn to do a search either in this forum, Google, call a dealer or like I mentioned earlier get (or download) a service manual and learn something on your own? You'll find the 4 stroke motor to be a quite cool thing; working on one will teach you quite a bit.

So like you mentioned earlier, maybe you then "shoulda stayed with them [a 2 stroke}" as they don't need oil at all....oh wait....

Grow a thicker skin if your going to hang out on a forum and ask a pretty easy question to answer yourself . And if you think you are so mature because you stood up to a jab by a few of us, you have a lot of growing up to actually do.

I answered your question, FYI, and completely, as did others. Keep that in mind.

And to complete my immature rant on you, YOU started with the smart ass responses, not me; I simply responded like wise. Take it or leave it as well, buddy. And use motorcycle oil.

Mike

Cool, then no reason for us to help you then.

Mike

That's was ur smart remark. That started it all,That didn't answer my question, and the username is true, it says it all it's a 99 wr400 and it's a peice of shit. As johndeerekid n16ht5 seem to be making the same point grow up and either answer the question or don't comment, and I know u answered my question only after I said something about ur comment having nothing to do with the original question, and I wasnt being a "smart ass" I'm simply making the point of dont comment unless ur answering the question. If ur not answering the question then no need to be on the post. And also if ur not here to help why even be on the forum?