HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LISA

does anyone make a electric start kit for the 600r

6 posts in this topic

a buddy of mine has a 1994 xr600r and he was wondering if there might be somebody out there who makes an electric start kit for the bike?

good old manual ASS is all I know of!! get TDC and give it hell! works every time! :)

Lisa, I also have a 94 xr600 and when I first got it I hated the kick start; Everytime I crashed, It would take forever to kick the gas out of the combustion chamber and make it start. This was always after I picked up the beast off the side of a hill and I was dead tired in 90 degree+ weather. I was going to sell it and get a "button bike". However, I found an Edlbrock Quicksilver carb off ebay and installed it. Now it starts so easily. Just kick it through a couple times and bam! I really don't miss having an electric start now. Besides I'm pretty sure that nobody makes a button for the xr600. It starts real easily right after a crash. Note, however that I took it to the high mountains and could not start it, tried for 20 minutes. I finally thought to adjust the external mixture knob to adjust for the thinner air and it started immediately.

I hope this helps.

Scott