HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spiceman

yz450f quick throttle kills engine

9 posts in this topic

i have a yz450f i bought recently.

even when warm, if i very quick snap the throttle from an idle. it dies instantly. is there a quick fix i can do to stop this? bump the idle up a tad? anything?

the guy i bought it from said it had a "poison jet" i have no clue what it is, but i'm assuming its been jetting up a bit.

even when warm, if i very quick snap the throttle from an idle. it dies instantly. is there a quick fix i can do to stop this? bump the idle up a tad? anything?

the guy i bought it from said it had a "poison jet" i have no clue what it is, but i'm assuming its been jetting up a bit.

Maybe dumb but is the gas turned on? Mine did the same thing then I switched it over to on

No idea what a "poison" jet might be!! Perhaps you misunderstood him, and he said "Boyesen", as in Float bowl for the carb? Maniac

I thourght this was normal with a flatslide carb, you have to "roll" the gas on.

On the WR range with the mx-fcr carb an acc. pump was added, and helped a bit on this.

With my wr426 i can provoke the same, but when driving, It never seems a problem.

Cv carbs do not have this issue, but not as much fun..

yea when i'm riding, i never notice. but it does happen if you try to take off from a stop and are too quick on the thorttle

No, that's not normal. Or more correctly, it might be normal, but can be eliminated with the proper jetting, fuel squirt, etc., etc..

Maniac