Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bykas

RMZ 450 FAT PADDLE DUNE BIKE

22 posts in this topic

Absolutely the best handling dune bike I've ever ridden!! We laced up a 19 x 1.85 rear rim to a front hub and wraped it with a Kenda k760 Trac Master. This set-up works even better than the 18" wheel on our YZ450. Its a 1/2" taller and 1/4" narrower with a more rounded crown. GPR steering stabilizer works killer, never had one before, definately a believer now!

RMZ4504.jpgRMZ450.jpg

Edited by bykas
1 person likes this

Nice....a different look compared to a few of your other bikes. I like it.

That is one slick bike! After just returning from my first dune trip (Little Sahara, OK) I can for sure see how those wheels would help. I always wondered why people cut the side number plates for the dunes though.

That is one slick bike! After just returning from my first dune trip (Little Sahara, OK) I can for sure see how those wheels would help. I always wondered why people cut the side number plates for the dunes though.

I always trim the side plates on my dune bikes. I like to be different and just think it gives the bike a clean custom look.

have you ever ripped your silencer tip off with that style flag mount? :thumbsup:

Never, works awesome!!

Never, works awesome!!

hmm ill have to look into that, i made a custom mount that comes off my silencer bolt on the sub frame but i hit the flag with my leg if i try to pull my leg over the bike at all. who makes it? thanks!

hmm ill have to look into that, i made a custom mount that comes off my silencer bolt on the sub frame but i hit the flag with my leg if i try to pull my leg over the bike at all. who makes it? thanks!

Made it myself. 3/4" x 1/8" flat bar, a little drilling and bending, works great.

Never, works awesome!!

Has that bike every been down in the dunes, almost launched into a high side? It doesn't look like you have many hours of hard riding on it. How can you say it won't damage the silencer when you probably have barely a tank of gas through the bike on the dunes? Heck, 10 hours of dunes riding is all it takes to strip the gold anodizing off my Excel rims.

Has that bike every been down in the dunes, almost launched into a high side? It doesn't look like you have many hours of hard riding on it. How can you say it won't damage the silencer when you probably have barely a tank of gas through the bike on the dunes? Heck, 10 hours of dunes riding is all it takes to strip the gold anodizing off my Excel rims.

We have a house on the Oregon Dunes and do more riding in 6 months than you will in a lifetime. As far as the bike looking clean, its called maintenance and pride in your bike, maybe you've heard of it??? Stay on your meds little guy and go ride your 87cr250

We have a house on the Oregon Dunes and do more riding in 6 months than you will in a lifetime. As far as the bike looking clean, its called maintenance and pride in your bike, maybe you've heard of it??? Stay on your meds little guy and go ride your 87cr250

The 87 has been retired, too many hours. I'm on a 2001 YZ250 now.

Lets see some vids of the bikes in action.

Where in oregon are you? I have a 2002 CR250 and love sand, always see your fat paddle bikes on CL too haha, theyre nice!

You ride at Florence or Coos bay? I have ridden both of those, Sand Lake and Christmas Valley dunes (pretty much all the dune areas in Oregon I know of) and just can't get past how small the areas are and how little time it takes to ride everything each one has to offer.

1 person likes this

You ride at Florence or Coos bay? I have ridden both of those, Sand Lake and Christmas Valley dunes (pretty much all the dune areas in Oregon I know of) and just can't get past how small the areas are and how little time it takes to ride everything each one has to offer.

We have a place on Saunders Lake 1/4 block from the dunes. Its between Spinreel and hauser. Go for day trips to sand Lake every once in a while.

Isn't sand Lake like the smallest dune area in the state (possibly the U.S.)?

Ride dirt at all?

Edited by woods-rider

Isn't sand Lake like the smallest dune area in the state (possibly the U.S.)?

Ride dirt at all?

ya its pretty small but still fun to go for a day and tear it up. No dirt, just dunes.