HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darren450

whats your suspensions set up

6 posts in this topic

I've up graded to a yamaha yz450 from a honda xr400. I ride woods. On my honda suspension is set up pretty soft and thought about going alittle stiffer on the zy450.

I was wondering what other riders have there set up to and why. Is your rebound tighter than your compresion if so why do you have it set up that way? Whats your advatage of having a stronger compresion or softer?

"YZ450" covers three distinctly different motorcycles using 4 different forks. Knowing which year model you have would be helpful for those wanting to answer your question.

Adding to gray's post.....proper sag and lots of trial and error. Work one end at a time, one adjustment at a time.

"YZ450" covers three distinctly different motorcycles using 4 different forks. Knowing which year model you have would be helpful for those wanting to answer your question.

09 yz. say 220 with gear on

Well, you're somewhere around 20 pounds over what the bike was built for, so that will kind of half compensate for it, but the YZ is going to be stiffer than the XR was to start with. The XR was a trail/dual sport, and the YZ is pure MX. It kind of depends on how you ride, but if you like the pace on the brisk side, you should think about going to heavier fork and shock springs. Two to three steps up at each end seems right. Once you get the springs right, you may find it suits you well enough without any more work.