HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GlennR

2nd Wheel Set for my 08' ?

4 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a 2nd wheel set for my 08' and wonder what other bikes might have compatible wheels. I know rims are rims, so I assume it's the hubs & brake rotors that matter.

Also, I noticed a WR450 for sale with an extra set of wheels and the rear is a 19" instead of the stock 18". Is that an improvement for dirt, or just a harder to find and more expensive tire ?

If I can't find an affordable set maybe I'll just get one for the rear, since that's the one which wears out the quickest and the one I need most to launch me through the "deep & steep" stuff. :thumbsup: Does that make good sense?

19" is supposed to be better at MX & SX, and that's about it. Not enough sidewall for off-road riding if you ask me. Maniac