HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HAV

Supercross
Stewart's Injury(s)

43 posts in this topic

I think Stewart mentioned in his call-in interview that he broke a bone in his hand? Is this true?

I dont know why he would say he might be back next week if he knew he broke his hand

1 person likes this

He did say it.

http://www.racerxonline.com/2012/03/27/racer-x-notebook-toronto

Stewart was interviewed on the SPEED television broadcast of the race where he revealed he had not only hit his head last week, but also broke his hand and tweaked a few other old injuries. Based on that, we would expect Stewart to at least miss this weekend’s race in Houston. After that race comes the only off-weekend of the season for Easter, which could provide enough time for some riders to come back into the series.

It'll probably become serious enough to keep him out of the nationals. :thumbsup:

1 person likes this

i think he did. but it must not be that serious of one. i have fractured my hand before and while it hurt it was still very usable. strength wasn't there and gripping hard was next to impossible. should be interesting to see how this plays out. plus it would be 2 weeks to heal. I'm sure by then he will be getting the strength back some and the pain will almost disappear when the adrenaline kicks in... look a kdub! dude can barely walk and does 28 no issues!

Im not claiming to know any facts... but I still believe they misunderstood him. They asked him about his past injuries when he mentioned the broken hand. I dont think its broken. The whole world would know via twitter by now if he did indeed break it.

Im not claiming to know any facts... but I still believe they misunderstood him. They asked him about his past injuries when he mentioned the broken hand. I dont think its broken. The whole world would know via twitter by now if he did indeed break it.

Not sure what could have been misunderstood. :thumbsup: Here's the interview.

http://www.speedtv.com//video/speed-center/sx-stewart-calls-in-toronto-2012-1528275013001/1#_vtop

Edited by MotoEye

Not sure what could have been misunderstood. :thumbsup: Here's the interview.

http://www.speedtv.c...5013001/1#_vtop

Sorry missed the link you posted... Guess I misunderstood then. I thought he said the part about the hand after the hard hit question. Thats what happens when alcohol and SX mix. lol

1 person likes this

Normally I would agree but he clearly stated his pride was his worst injury as well.

Edited by BDubb106

i think he did. but it must not be that serious of one. i have fractured my hand before and while it hurt it was still very usable. strength wasn't there and gripping hard was next to impossible. should be interesting to see how this plays out. plus it would be 2 weeks to heal. I'm sure by then he will be getting the strength back some and the pain will almost disappear when the adrenaline kicks in... look a kdub! dude can barely walk and does 28 no issues!

But you forget, K-Dub is a God.

I dont dislike Stewart but I will be amazed if he rides Outdoor Natls this year.

why?

why?

because thats how he acted the last few years, if this was pre 09 stewart i would say he would be riding whether in a cast or not, he would be in outdoors. remember how fast he was in outdoors what happened :thumbsup:

he had a sx only team and they have been very open about them not wanting to do it even after he left. but i guess you have a point! i just don't see it! oh well... moving on! here is to outdoors..

because thats how he acted the last few years, if this was pre 09 stewart i would say he would be riding whether in a cast or not, he would be in outdoors. remember how fast he was in outdoors what happened :thumbsup:

I'm getting those same vibes from Stewart as well regarding the latest injury. I think he "KNOWS" his only shot at a title with RV and RD racing the outdoors is with himself at 100% physical strength and "NO" injuries whatsoever. Anything less and he probably will not even line up to race. Prove me wrong James. Get out there and race. We need you out there and kicking @#@ again. I'm tired of this total domination follow the leader(RV) racing we got now in SX. We want to see a battle at the front instead of 2-3 guys battling trying to make it in the top 10 every week.

For all the reasons in above posts. I would almost be willing to bet he doesnt race Outdoors but i sincerely hope I'm wrong. I'll be at Highpoint and want to see all the top riders out there!

I'd be surprised if he doesn't race the nationals. 2 lackluster SX only seasons - I bet he doesn't want to keep going down that road. He wants redemption (I hope, have no clue where his mindset is) And he's learned that he can't solely rely on Supercross for that. Plus, he's had his most success outdoors (24-0) he has to have at least a little confidence with that history.

James isn't out of this yet.

49 minutes ago - from James Stewart

I'm gonna give it a shot this weekend!! So here I come Houston!!

Cool.

Edited by rolliew

My dream is that stewart and villopoto battle for 19 laps the last couple of races, and villopoto runs out of gas on the last lap of each race!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Bryan Bosch
      Meet the key members that make the Monster Energy Kawasaki team a well-oiled Supercross machine.

• By Chris Cooksey
      Product Spotlight: Alpinestars Tech 7 Boots
      These days expensive protective equipment saturate the market, but Alpinestars has a motocross boot that offers high dollar protection with high end quality at the average man’s price.  I have worn the Sidi Crossfire 2, Garne SG-10, SG-12, and Alpinestars Tech 10 boots.  While these top-line boots all share impressive features my favorite is the Alpinestars Tech 7, with the low retail price of $349.  Once Western Power Sports became a distributor for Alpinestars I immediately tested the Tech 10 against the Tech 7 boots.  
      My initial thought was I would prefer the highest priced boot, the Tech 10.  While this boot is amazing, I felt like I could literally jump off the roof and have no ankle injuries (not recommended), I struggled with the lack of flexibility.  I am 6’4” and have suffered many foot and ankle injuries throughout the years, the most recent was a ruptured Achilles’ tendon.  I tend to look for boots that offer support and protection, yet allow me the freedom to ride comfortably and the Tech 7 meets this criteria.  If I was riding AMA Supercross I would opt for the Tech 10, but for me and my Vet B riding level the Tech 7 is heaven on my feet! 
      Look for both the Tech 7 and Tech 10 boots available in the TT store.   https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/cart.php?m=search_results&c=&catID=4443&v=&id=&venID=&attrList=&manuf=1602&priceFilter=&sortBy=PriceHiLo&search=Tech+7&sort=5&asc=desc&page=2
      KEY FEATURES
      • New dual compound sole is seamlessly integrated into the base structure for superior durability and features high performing rubber grip patterning and enhanced feel. The sole and footpeg insert are replaceable.
      • The anatomically profiled shin plate features a dual closure system with an internal microfiber flap attached with Velcro® for a precise fit closure while the rugged and durable shin plate attached securely with a precision adjustable buckle.
      • Wide entry aperture for convenience and allows broad ranging calf fit adjustment and support.
      • Innovative buckle closure system includes high-impact aluminium bridge closures, with memory settings and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design for easy, precise closure and improved riding performance. All buckles are replaceable.
      • Redesigned instep and Achilles accordion flex zones construction for superior comfort, control and support.
      • Extended microfiber gaiter helps prevent excessive water and dirt entry.
      • Internal lining includes anti-slip microfiber suede on the heel to help keep foot in position.

• By Chris Cooksey
      As the series hits the East Coast swing Ryan Dungey normally hits his stride by clicking off wins and asserting his dominance.  This year is proving different.  Musquin and Tomac are stronger and can sense a vulnerability in Dungey we have not seen before.  Are we witnessing Father Time catch up with Dungey?  Is he injured?  Did the Roczen injury mess with his head?  These are all factors I hear fans discussing.  I have a friend who is close to the riders at the Bakery who told me Dungey is suffering from an Epstein Barr/Mononucleosis type of illness.  While I am not 100% sure about what's going on with Dungey, clearly something is off.  Riders who are overworked and under fed (Aldon’s program) is news we have heard before, most recently Ken Roczen was extremely critical of the program.
      Assuming this is Dungey’s issue, Musquin has to know what is going on.  Training alongside your competition with an “iron sharpens iron” philosophy is how the riders in the Bakery train.  This can be a huge benefit to the riders, until they are attempting to hide a weakness from their main competitor.  While Musquin was riding high with confidence after his win in Dallas, maybe he had inside knowledge about Dungey struggling late in the races and that is why he charged hard late in the race.  I can't ever remember watching Dungey get repeatedly caught and passed at the end of races.  With 9 races, and two riders within 24 points of Dungey, the championship is wide open.  While 3rd place isn't a bad finish, Tomac gained 5 points and Musquin gained 2, it’s getting interesting.
      Loved seeing the 250 East guys.  Every rider wanted to come out swinging and establish themselves as “the guy.”  Confidence is important in Supercross, probably the most important thing a rider can have as the first race establishes the pecking order.  Joey Savatgy did what most experts predicted.  While his performance didn't overwhelm the competition, a win is still a win.  Jordan Smith may have found what had been missing the last few years.  In the past we’ve seen flashes of speed followed by spectacular crashes.  He rode solid in the Main event providing him the confidence needed to make him a consistent podium guy and maybe get his first career win this year.  Zach Osborne is desperately trying to get his first win and it shows, he is not content with a podium finish.  He will win or crash trying.  Round Two in Atlanta will be make or break for both Alex Martin and Christian Craig.  Martin’s night ended in the first turn with a vicious crash, hopefully he will be alright for Atlanta.  Craig had a bad start and got caught up in first round mayhem earning him a 12th place finish.  He will need a podium in Atlanta to get back in this championship.
      We are seeing the attrition of Supercross taking a toll on the field.  Last night we lost both Cooper Webb and Justin Bogle, not sure how bad their injuries are but both walked off and Bogle said via Instagram that he will be racing in Atlanta.  Webb’s injury looked severe, when somebody grabs their arm and immediately walks away from the track, not even removing their goggles, I get worried.  These guys are gladiators and being dramatic about injuries is not something they do, this isn't Soccer or Basketball.  Hopefully his injury isn't serious, we’ll find out in Atlanta.

View full article
    • By Chris Cooksey
      As the series hits the East Coast swing Ryan Dungey normally hits his stride by clicking off wins and asserting his dominance.  This year is proving different.  Musquin and Tomac are stronger and can sense a vulnerability in Dungey we have not seen before.  Are we witnessing Father Time catch up with Dungey?  Is he injured?  Did the Roczen injury mess with his head?  These are all factors I hear fans discussing.  I have a friend who is close to the riders at the Bakery who told me Dungey is suffering from an Epstein Barr/Mononucleosis type of illness.  While I am not 100% sure about what's going on with Dungey, clearly something is off.  Riders who are overworked and under fed (Aldon’s program) is news we have heard before, most recently Ken Roczen was extremely critical of the program.
      Assuming this is Dungey’s issue, Musquin has to know what is going on.  Training alongside your competition with an “iron sharpens iron” philosophy is how the riders in the Bakery train.  This can be a huge benefit to the riders, until they are attempting to hide a weakness from their main competitor.  While Musquin was riding high with confidence after his win in Dallas, maybe he had inside knowledge about Dungey struggling late in the races and that is why he charged hard late in the race.  I can't ever remember watching Dungey get repeatedly caught and passed at the end of races.  With 9 races, and two riders within 24 points of Dungey, the championship is wide open.  While 3rd place isn't a bad finish, Tomac gained 5 points and Musquin gained 2, it’s getting interesting.
      Loved seeing the 250 East guys.  Every rider wanted to come out swinging and establish themselves as “the guy.”  Confidence is important in Supercross, probably the most important thing a rider can have as the first race establishes the pecking order.  Joey Savatgy did what most experts predicted.  While his performance didn't overwhelm the competition, a win is still a win.  Jordan Smith may have found what had been missing the last few years.  In the past we’ve seen flashes of speed followed by spectacular crashes.  He rode solid in the Main event providing him the confidence needed to make him a consistent podium guy and maybe get his first career win this year.  Zach Osborne is desperately trying to get his first win and it shows, he is not content with a podium finish.  He will win or crash trying.  Round Two in Atlanta will be make or break for both Alex Martin and Christian Craig.  Martin’s night ended in the first turn with a vicious crash, hopefully he will be alright for Atlanta.  Craig had a bad start and got caught up in first round mayhem earning him a 12th place finish.  He will need a podium in Atlanta to get back in this championship.
      We are seeing the attrition of Supercross taking a toll on the field.  Last night we lost both Cooper Webb and Justin Bogle, not sure how bad their injuries are but both walked off and Bogle said via Instagram that he will be racing in Atlanta.  Webb’s injury looked severe, when somebody grabs their arm and immediately walks away from the track, not even removing their goggles, I get worried.  These guys are gladiators and being dramatic about injuries is not something they do, this isn't Soccer or Basketball.  Hopefully his injury isn't serious, we’ll find out in Atlanta.

• By Fryboy
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      Monster Energy Supercross - ROUND 7
      US Bank Stadium
      Saturday February 18th
      7:00 PM PST

-------------------------------------------------------------

Live Timing:  http://live.amasupercross.com/ 
      Race Day Live: https://livestream.com/accounts/1543541/events/7023623  10:50am PDT
      TV Schedule: Fox    Sports 1 and Fox Sports Go App @ 7:00 P.M. PST 
      http://instagram.com/racerxonline
      https://twitter.com/pulpmx
      http://instagram.com/pulpmx
      http://instagram.com/twmxdotcom
      https://twitter.com/twmxdotcom