Second set wheels recommendations?

Need to get a second set of complete wheels, any suggestions without breaking the bank ? For my 2011 450

If you are ok with silver rims, I'd go with the Yamaha wheel kits. They seem reasonably priced ($286 front, $440 rear, from RMATV, better prices can likely be found. They would obviously be OEM quality (which seems good to me) and includes brake rotors and all bearings and spacers.

Ive picked up an extra rear and front off of Ebay. Believe it or not, the front I picked up for $0.99 plus shipping. Both wheels were is ok condition and worked fine for a backup set for races. If you have the time, keep an eye on Ebay. Seems there are plenty of Yamaha owners that want to sell their stuff. If you compare to Honda, the Honda boys still seem to think their wheels are gold on Ebay.

I would / did build a set with OEM hubs and Excel rims. You can buy all the parts new for less than $650, not including rotors and sprockets, but you'd need those with aftermarket rims anyway. If you're patient and search around, you can do it for much less. Otherwise, you can get something like DNA or Warp 9 wheels for about $6-700 a set, but I think they're both heavier than stock. Short of that, you might be able to steal a used set off ebay :thumbsup:

You can see the wheels I built if you come to LIMX on Sunday and I can show you how it's done if you bring the parts. They're absolutely gorgeous, with blue powdercoated hubs and black rims, but I'm sure they'll never look so good again after I put a few laps on them....

IMG_1769.jpgIMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1860.jpgIMG_1854.jpg

Edited by bg10459

... you can get something like DNA or Warp 9 wheels for about $6-700 a set, but I think they're both heavier than stock.

Neither one is as high quality as OEM either. You did pretty good with the new parts.

i have heard a lot of complaints about the quality of the dna rims bending i would avoid them there is a reason you can buy a set of complete front and rear rims for 600 to 700

If you are ok with silver rims, I'd go with the Yamaha wheel kits. They seem reasonably priced ($286 front, $440 rear, from RMATV, better prices can likely be found. They would obviously be OEM quality (which seems good to me) and includes brake rotors and all bearings and spacers.

I thought this was BS until I checked it out. I was under the impression the factory wheels were ridiculous like a lot of OEM stuff. Can't beat that for the price including rotors.

I thought this was BS until I checked it out. I was under the impression the factory wheels were ridiculous like a lot of OEM stuff. Can't beat that for the price including rotors.

Wow, I missed those the first time I checked. I didn't realize Yamaha had wheel kits listed on the parts fiche. They only show up on the newer parts lists, but that is a pretty good deal :thumbsup:

Front wheel kit '02-'11 - 5XC-W2519-L0-00

Rear wheel kit '09-'12 - 33D-W2539-00-00

Edited by bg10459