HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiderX

Where is the engine ID# on my 09?

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to verify if my motor is an 08 or an 09 in my 09 YZ450F (long story). Can I verify this by the engine ID#? If so, where is it located?

Thanks!

It's on top of the crankcase, next to the carb, behind the kick starter. I doubt you'll be able to discover anything using that number, however. The number on the '09 carb (left side above the float bowl joint) should start with 2S2B B0... An '08 carb has the same number.

The '08 and '09 engines were fundamentally identical, and the production run overlapped both model years.

It's on top of the crankcase, next to the carb, behind the kick starter. I doubt you'll be able to discover anything using that number, however. The number on the '09 carb (left side above the float bowl joint) should start with 2S2B B0... An '08 carb has the same number.

The '08 and '09 engines were fundamentally identical, and the production run overlapped both model years.

Thanks for the info. I found the # and yeah, I can't figure out a way to isolate this motor as an 09, but it does look like there's never been a wrench on the motor mounts, so that's promising. The valve cover is also the black color instead of the dark grey 08 color, so that's promising as well.