HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DPW

Chain rubbing shifter

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone else have a problem with the chain rubbing the shifter by the shift shaft ? The chain is tightened to specs. I replaced both sprockets with AFAM parts and replaced the chain with a DID 520VM X-ring. Anyone else with same setup? I don't know if the offset of the AFAM counter sprocket is less than the stocker. I didn't have the problem till I replaced the chain and sprockets.

Thanks for your help

Dennis

'99 YZ400F

I can't see how it's possible unless you are missing the lower chain roller. Are you?

The lower chain roller is there, a bit worn though, but I wouldn't think enough to rub the top of the shifter

I took a close look at my '01 tonight and the only possible way that I see that the chain could rub the shifter is if you either 1) Had a super monster front sprocket, or 2) routed the chain incorrectly and under the frame bar next to the foot peg and under the bottom chain roller. Otherwise I don't see how the chain would ever reach the shifter... Are you sure it's tightened to spec?