HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xrberg

Which WR 450cold start procedure actually works?

10 posts in this topic

did a search..lots of opinions

What is the definative coldstart method for a 07-10 wr 450F ?

Is there a factory suggested cold start method?

I'm tired of fighten it...

thanks

Open the choke, give the throttle 3 full turns to full throttle . Release the throttle and try and start . If it doesn't start give it 1 more full throttle and keep trying . Works for me

Open the choke, give the throttle 3 full turns to full throttle . Release the throttle and try and start . If it doesn't start give it 1 more full throttle and keep trying . Works for me

step 1. get pilot jetted properly. Step 2. get starter jet jetted on the rich side. Step 3. follow above :thumbsup:
1 person likes this

step 1. get pilot jetted properly. Step 2. get starter jet jetted on the rich side. Step 3. follow above

Assuming its not -20 outside.....Then as described above except four twists of the throttle, and then a fifth if required, is what works on my bike. If that doesn't work...kick it..if it's set up correctly it will start.

I started my 05 the other day, hadn't been run since November. Tip it over towards you for a couple seconds until you see gas run out the overflow, set back up straight, one throttle twist, fired on secong crank from elec. starter. I never use kick starter, don't have to.

I started my 05 the other day, hadn't been run since November. Tip it over towards you for a couple seconds until you see gas run out the overflow, set back up straight, one throttle twist, fired on secong crank from elec. starter. I never use kick starter, don't have to.

Yep, this is exactly right. If your bike is jetted correctly, it will fire right up every time.

mine hasn't had electric start in ages. After the 400cc days, and those nightmares....I'm a bit shy about flooding my 03 wr450. I put the choke on, cycle it over with the kickstart a few times, bring it up to compression, and usually first kick, if it's an enthusiastic one, is enough to make her fire up. I've always had bad luck ripping on a 4-strokes throttle, but thats just me

did a search..lots of opinions

What is the definative coldstart method for a 07-10 wr 450F ?

Is there a factory suggested cold start method?

I'm tired of fighten it...

thanks

Step one: un-cork intake and exhaust , and re-jet

Step two: choke on, three twists, press the button

It's not Rocket Surgery.

Twist the throttle first does not work for me. Floods the cylinder. I pull the choke and hit the button, fires on first compression nearly every time.

Edited by GammaFunction