HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johndeerekid

1999 WR400 Grey Wire Mod?

2 posts in this topic

okay i was planning on doing the grey wire mod to my 99 WR400, but i have a problem. there's 3 sets of wires coming out of the CDI box. 2 of the sets go to a 6 prong connector. the last one goes to a 2 prong connector so i'm pretty sure that's the one i have to use. it has a grey wire and a black wire with a white stripe on it. but here's the dilemma. the connector goes in with 1 grey wire and 1 black like i said but on the other side of the connector, only the black wire comes out. the hole where the grey wire goes in has no wire in it but has a plug in it. so what do i do, did someone already do the mod? do i still have to pull the grey wire? or did it come stock with the wire pulled?

here's what the connector going in looks like-

IMG00099-20120313-1257.jpg

and here's what it looks like on the other side-

IMG00100-20120313-1257.jpg

-Wes

according to the wiring diagram, it shows what you are displaying in the pictures... 2 leads in.. one wire out.. I don't know why.

I'm thinking the grey wire mod refers to newer generation bike.. ie.. 426's and up.

Edited by rs25