HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Poway Rider

New quiet exhaust & CA Legal!

2 posts in this topic

After getting some great advice from this board (Thanks to The Blue One in particular), I installed a Pro Circuit 496 (96 dB CA legal pipe) on my WR450 last week. I rode about 60 miles in the desert today and am glad to report that the performance was awesome - very comparable power to the stock pipe without the plug. The pipe is expensive and I had a few hassles with installing the it - no install instructions provided and no mounting hardware provided (YZ upper rubber grommet, collar and a longer bolt are needed) and bad info from PC on jetting. PC recommended a 162/40 combo and it ran like crap. The local dealer was able to dial it in with a 162/45 - which was the ticket! The pipe is solid, looks great and fits very nicely. I am a happy and noise level compliant rider!