HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stealth13

What happened to my starter?

10 posts in this topic

It was working perfect for the last while and now when I try and start , the green led just flickers and i hear a clicking sound...

this happened after I went into a bunch of mud and doing some offroading.

My enduro kit lights are all working perfectly

First I would check the battery for a full charge and then all the connections to the battery. I low battery will still keep minor electrics working but doesn't have the amps to crank the starter over.

How old is the battery? They can die very quickly. If there is a loose connection it may not be charging properly. Otherwise it could be the starter solenoid, but the flickering LED and clicking points to low/tired battery to me.

Sometimes batteries just die and need replacing.

Oddly enough, I had same problem, don't forget to check the actual stater button....mine was bad....found out after doing test after test after test even changed the starter solinoid....stupid $12 part.

Oddly enough, I had same problem, don't forget to check the actual stater button....mine was bad....found out after doing test after test after test even changed the starter solinoid....stupid $12 part.

Different bike, but my riding buddies carburated Husqvarna had the same problem as you, and a new starter switch fixed it. You said it happened after being in a "bunch of mud"...you may have some dirt embedded in the switch. If you cannot disassemble and clean the switch, try a new one..like drdfblackm said...a relatively cheap part.

You may also want to try just disconnecting the leads from the starter switch and jumping them (pretend you're stealing it) and see if it starts or at least turns over properly. If it does, you have your answer...a bad starter switch. If it still behaves the same way then you can eliminate the switch as the source of the problem.

But first make certain you have a good battery....just because its freshly charged doesn't mean its still good.

Edited by travertt