Exhaust fitment issue

Just made the switch to 4 stroke and already bought an exhaust for it.

I purchased a Dr. D for an 06 YZ and I noticed that it either connects to the mid-pipe or the number plate, its not possible

to connect it at both ends. Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about fixing this? I'm not looking to ship it back as I hate dealing with all the crap.

Has this happened to anyone before? Any input/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Well, no one knows what 06 Yamaha you have. 250? 450?

In any case, you have the wrong pipe for whatever bike you have. Details matter.

Just made the switch to 4 stroke and already bought an exhaust for it.

I purchased a Dr. D for an 06 YZ and I noticed that it either connects to the mid-pipe or the number plate, its not possible

to connect it at both ends. Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about fixing this? I'm not looking to ship it back as I hate dealing with all the crap.

Has this happened to anyone before? Any input/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Why would you want to connect your exhaust to your number plate? :bonk:

the silencer connects behind the number plate to the sub frame... not sure if thats your issue but it does answer chokey's question

sorry for the broad details folks....yes the silencer does connect behind the number plate, I shouldn't assume everyone knows what i'm talking about haha.

Everything is connected properly, the hole from the mid pipe just doesn't seem to line up with the hole on the subframe...its off by a bit

it is an 06 yz450

I though it was the wrong pipe too, but the reciept has the serial number of the pipe..matched up perfectly with the serial number on Dubachs site..correct make/year

Not trying to sound like a smart a*$ but get all bolts started loose before u tighten everything. I have seen many people do this not sure if u did or not.

sorry for the broad details folks....yes the silencer does connect behind the number plate, I shouldn't assume everyone knows what i'm talking about haha.

Everything is connected properly, the hole from the mid pipe just doesn't seem to line up with the hole on the subframe...its off by a bit

it is an 06 yz450

I though it was the wrong pipe too, but the reciept has the serial number of the pipe..matched up perfectly with the serial number on Dubachs site..correct make/year

Maybe your subframe is slightly tweaked?

You don't sound like a smart a$* 1fst36, that's actually good advice, a lot of ppl don't do that but I have, I messed with it for a good 10min..

Now I was thinking along the lines of what Chokey said and have had the rear plastics off the bike, to check the rear subframe, idk though, it all looks good to me? Think maybe I got super unlucky and bought a pipe that wasn't machined to proper spec? Or highly unlikely??

Maybe the subframe is tweaked?? I'll check again, but it sure didn't look like it the first time I did

This is actually a common issue with the DRD pipe for the '06. One of the two I've bought did it. Peg the silencer mount in place and look at the mount on the sub frame to determine what the misalignment issue is and how far off it is. You'll probably see that the mid pipe is too far to the rear to line up, but not by much.

You may be able to make the assembly by threading the rear bolt in only two turns, and pull the pipe out against the head of the bolt. Then push the pipe forward and thread the front bolt in place. Once it's on and run a few times, it will end up fitting better.

If that doesn't work, you may have to elongate the mount hole with a round file. If it's really way off, call Dubach and explain the problem. They will replace it.