HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christopher McClelland

yz450 clutch

4 posts in this topic

Why is it that I have to keep ajusting my clutch cable so I can disengage it? If I get stuck and try to take off and stall the bike a few times the clutch no longer disengages unless I tighten the cable more. Ive had to adjust it 3 times now.

This seems to be the opposite of haveing a clutch wear out.

Edited by Christopher McClelland

new cable? they do stretch a bit, plus the hotter your engine is the more your plates expand, sometimes thats how you can tell if youre over heating, my cylinder pressure leaked into my coolant and peed it all out in a scramble on sunday, i noticed my clutch quit working as the engine got real hot, then the radiators went cold so i stopped

I dont think its a cable issue. I think it is an overheating the clutch plates issue. Like warped clutch plates

I ordered a Magura Hydrolic setup so that should take care of having to adjust the stupid thing.

The stock clutch is probably in there and there made of alloy. They make aftermarket steel plates that apparently dont warp