HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Poway Rider

YZF450 is Green Sticker and WR450 is RED!

9 posts in this topic

Can someone explain why the YZF450 Quad is a Green Sticker ORV and the WR450 bike is RED? This makes no sense to me...

Green Sticker, Red sticker it all makes no sense to me they are just motorcycles! It is all bull! Who started this stuff anyway and whom are they trying to protect? :):D :D

dont quote me on this because im not sure.

usalay the quads get a green sticker in the USA because they have CV carbs stock {so you can ride in crazy angles with out the unit sputtering. cv carb= less emmissions= grenn sticker in the us.

I was looking on the CARB website one time and I read that in order to get a green sticker, a manufacturer had to certify that a bike meets emission standards AND he must certify that it will meet those standards for 5 years after sale. Additionally, if the vehicle falls out of standard, the manufacturer must fix the vehicle at no cost to the consumer.

I guess that Yamaha is more willing to stand behind the quads than the bikes.

Jimbo

Because Grey Davis rides a YFZ 450.

Yeah, but what does Arnold ride???

arnold actually has a ktm duke, believe it or not :)

According to Dirt Bike (October I think), the YFZ is even less corked up than the WR is. Difficult to understand why the quad would be green and not the WR :).

The quad has a baffled crankcase vent that is directed into the intake steam, and I am sure there is a few other small details.