Questin for all you JD jet kit users

Hey guys I got a 09 and i got this bad bog.

I got a Dr.d full system on it and nothing else. Now I ordered a I'd jet kit at my dealer where I work. And I was wondering how you guys like your jet kits?

Do they really.improve throttle response and make the bike pull harder throughout the rpm range? And plus I know the jetting on the 09s weren't bad but I just wanted to clean the bog up and the sputtering at low to mid throttle.

The bike has been great and everything and I got 90 hours on it and its been going strong! And thanks for everyone's help. I'm just trying to learn more about my bike.

Thanks guys and god bless

Alex

Edited by rcdude33

Hey guys I got a 09 and i got this bad bog.

I got a Dr.d full system on it and nothing else. Now I ordered a I'd jet kit at my dealer where I work. And I was wondering how you guys like your jet kits?

Do they really.improve throttle response and make the bike pull harder throughout the rpm range? And plus I know the jetting on the 09s weren't bad but I just wanted to clean the bog up and the sputtering at low to mid throttle.

The bike has been great and everything and I got 90 hours on it and its been going strong! And thanks for everyone's help. I'm just trying to learn more about my bike.

Thanks guys and god bless

Alex

Assuming that the carb is in good working order like float level and pilot jet is not clogged from sitting a long time, a jet kit is a complete waste of money.

No more power gain or any other magical thing will be gained from a jet kit.

My 09 set up with a Dr. D pipe is a 48 pilot, needle in the 3rd clip(stock), 162 main and fuel screw at 1 1/2. My bike runs great from sea level to 8k and temps from 40-90.

My advise would be to get your money back and buy an 06 cdi from eBay. You will see a low end improvement far beyond any jet kit!

Really man? Yeah I was looking at the cdi and you know man I'm pretty satisfied with power. I'm just looking to get rid of the bog and make everything smoother. And its popping a good bit too.

And everything in the carb should be good.

Has it always had the bog, or did it recently develop?

Under what conditions does it exhibit this behavior?

Hey gray see the bike always bogged even when it was new. I got a full drd system on it and I did the oring mod to.it as well. Now when I sit in neutral and hit the throttle there isn't much bog, but when I'm.on the throttle and stuff it bogs in the lower throttle range. All I want to do is just clean up and improve the throttle response and i heard the bike pulls better and harder throughout the rpm range.

Do you think the jet kit is worth it? Will I notice an improvement?

Hey gray see the bike always bogged even when it was new. I got a full drd system on it and I did the oring mod to.it as well. Now when I sit in neutral and hit the throttle there isn't much bog, but when I'm.on the throttle and stuff it bogs in the lower throttle range. All I want to do is just clean up and improve the throttle response and i heard the bike pulls better and harder throughout the rpm range.

Do you think the jet kit is worth it? Will I notice an improvement?

Have you checked or installed a new pilot jet? These bikes will varnish or plug the pilot jet in just a couple of months. Also make sure the acc. pump is squirting fuel. I have seen these plug also. Old gas will also cause problems that act like jetting issues.

Try my jetting without the o-ring mod.

Edited by Gunner354

Have you checked or installed a new pilot jet? These bikes will varnish or plug the pilot jet in just a couple of months. Also make sure the acc. pump is squirting fuel. I have seen these plug also. Old gas will also cause problems that act like jetting issues.

Try my jetting without the o-ring mod.

Ok man ill try it. But it stinks because my jet kit is on its way. What do u you think about the kit? The bike runs well I'm.just looking to clean up the throttle response and make it faster. But ill try your jetting.

Doesn't a lot of yzs bog? My buddies 08 had a bog and stuff. Is it just the stock jetting?

I don't care for jet kits. The assumption is that every bike of a certain type has the same jetting inaccuracies and can all be fixed with the same parts.

Start by checking the pump timing according to the manual. Then get the main and pilot jets dialed in. After that, work with tuning the needle for position and size. Further adjustment of the pump may be needed, but probably not. The reality is that even with an '06, there are engine speeds below which the bike simply will not tolerate the throttle being too near fully opened, and a key question to ask yourself is whether your expectations are realistic. If you've ridden a similar bike that did not bog like yours, than it's obvious that yours has a correctable issue. If not, you might ask a local tuner his opinion.

I don't care for jet kits. The assumption is that every bike of a certain type has the same jetting inaccuracies and can all be fixed with the same parts.

Start by checking the pump timing according to the manual. Then get the main and pilot jets dialed in. After that, work with tuning the needle for position and size. Further adjustment of the pump may be needed, but probably not. The reality is that even with an '06, there are engine speeds below which the bike simply will not tolerate the throttle being too near fully opened, and a key question to ask yourself is whether your expectations are realistic. If you've ridden a similar bike that did not bog like yours, than it's obvious that yours has a correctable issue. If not, you might ask a local tuner his opinion.

See i was going to just jet it with some oem or regular jets but i heard the jd kit wasnt a bad option but i didnt pay much for it. But im going to see if they can send it back for me. IF they cant i'll put it on ebay or something haha.

But with the Dr.d system they say stock jetting is recomended but the bike pops a little bit. Do you think i should still throw some jets in it to get the right plug color and everything?

...with the Dr.d system they say stock jetting is recomended but the bike pops a little bit. Do you think i should still throw some jets in it to get the right plug color and everything?

The bike should pop "a little bit". It can mean the pilot jet is correct. A #45 is probably going to turn out to be right. Read:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327405

And, you can't tell anything about the jetting from the plug color unless you are running leaded fuel.

The bike should pop "a little bit". It can mean the pilot jet is correct. A #45 is probably going to turn out to be right. Read:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=327405

And, you can't tell anything about the jetting from the plug color unless you are running leaded fuel.

Ok i will try that. BUt do you recomend a fuel screw? Like the one from jd jetting or msr?

I ordered a JD jet kit simply because I've heard they work, and I'm a rahtard when it comes to jetting. Did I waste my money... I don' t know yet. But if it helps at all, it was worth it for me.

Hey man whenever you get it in, let me know how you like it.