HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjonnyboyg

oil leak from plug on cylinder head?

4 posts in this topic

Changed the oil and started my 03 wr450 today and did a test ride when smoke started pouring out. Oil is basically pouring out from a hole in the cylinder head right above the exhaust pipe. I went and checked my buddys bike and he has a plug inserted in this hole. Almost seems like a freeze plug or something. Its about 3/4 inch plug that goes into the cylinder head about 2 inches above where the exhaust pipe goes into the head. What is this plug, where do i get one, and what would case this to pop out. Thanks in advance.

Look about 5 posts above yours for a pinned sticky called decompression plug and follow the link. Also, do a search on here and see what's already been gone over about this.

Very common, very easy, pretty cheap fix.

Mike

Look about 5 posts above yours for a pinned sticky called decompression plug and follow the link. Also, do a search on here and see what's already been gone over about this.

Very common, very easy, pretty cheap fix.

Mike

Mike the link doesn't work anymore.. but I am sure it's been covered multiple times. Now he has the name of the plug the search should be easier.

Sean-

Thanks a lot. Link def doesn't work but I was able to find everything I needed now that I have the actual name. More common of a problem then I thought. I appreciate the help guys.