HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boomer

Searching for WFO

7 posts in this topic

WFO - I hear you. But don't be fooled - a noise within seemingly can be localized, but actually resonating from elsewhere. What??????

All I'm saying is that the noise can possibly be transfering across a shaft or like. Mine is very loud on the sprocket side, but I haven't had the engine apart to check it out yet. This may be a case where we have a similar mechanical situation, but with a different shifter fork or other component.

Please - keep us apprised on what you find.

BTW - where are you located? - I'm near Cincy.

Boomer

Hey all! I just had to chime in that my engine is making the same noise-seemingly on the sprocket side of things. I broke my rear hub and I think it damaged one of my gears. Right now the engine is out and in a shop so hopefully when they replace the damaged gear it will fix the ticking sound. I noticed also that the sound went away when the bike was under load like being in gear. Im interested to see what comes of this.

:) Joe

When I split the cases I put new rings on the piston and I also changed the CB gear but I guess I will check out the balancer gear key.