HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wfo257

ticking in motor

2 posts in this topic

I have a 99 yzf400 and broke some teeth off of 4th gear. So I split the cases and replaced the gears and one of the shift forks. After I put the motor back together it has this loud "ticking sound" in the lower end of the motor. It sounds like it is coming from the clutch basket but I changed that also. If you put the motor in a bind, like let out on the cluthch with the brake on, the sound goes away. The bike runs great and I have been riding it for about 6 months with the sound and it hasn't got any worse or better. In that time we split the cases again and changed the crank bearings, the water pump & oil pump. Lukily I work at a motorcycle shop so I wasn't charged any labor. If anyone has any idea please let me know.

WFO - check out my string on ticking sound - I'll see if I can find it real quick and put it back at the top of the list.

Boomer