new helmet

where is the best place/prices on new helmets?

You should shop at least at your dealer. Getting a helmet to fit right is crutial. I have found most dealers prices to be competitive it not better than mail order after shipping. Wait for end of year or season sales as well and youll save a bundel at the shop. I really like the new HJC helmets, they are good quality, light weight, well made hats and the prices are very good on them. I wont spend a fortune an a dirt bike helmet since they take such a beating, but I want it to fit right, be comfortable, and look good. I see alot of people riding the newer HJCs latley too, its a great off road helmet for a great price IMHO.

What ever you do, get fitted by an expert, different helmets fit different heads differently and you need a good fit for the helmet to work as well as it can for you.

I agree completly on both points. HJC great helmet for the price but make sure to try on any helmet before buying. I was burned once on a closeout via the internet and won't go that route again.

What size helmet do you wear?

I have a new Shoei size XL that dosn't fit.

I bought it and found out I had a Bell head not a Shoei.

beezer, you're supposed to take the Bell helmet off BEFORE you try and put the Shoei on. :):D

Now you tell me.

I was close to having to wear a helmet in high school.

The short bus kids were always going on field trips so I figured anything was better than algebra.

I have always tried various helemts on at a dealership and then ordered via mail order.

I would highly recommend the Arai VX Pro. Make sure you get the best helmet you can afford as this is not something you want to skimp on. As I have always said "if you have a $50 head, buy a $50 helmet" :)

Ron

I have always tried various helemts on at a dealership and then ordered via mail order.

I would highly recommend the Arai VX Pro. Make sure you get the best helmet you can afford as this is not something you want to skimp on. As I have always said "if you have a $50 head, buy a $50 helmet" :)

Ron

Well this will be an upgrade from my used Bell Moto 5 that i paid 50 bucks for many years ago, and i reluctantly gave it away just so I would buy a new one! I have a medium 7-1/4 to 7-1/2 Arai head but usualy buy Shoie helmets (street) cause there less $. I have been around a while so i pretty much know what size fits. Thanks for ur input.

BTW Zekedawg that is the best avitar I have seen.

:) please explain "avitar"???

Avitar is the pic below your signature

Ebay!!

Just found a Bell Moto 6 on there that was left over from last year. Retail on it was 355 paid 135.

Brand new.

Later

Well I just snagged a HJC from the local honda dealer for $90. :blush:I can't help it I'm cheap.

It fits ok but after i crash in it a few times it'l fit better. :)

ya I would like to see that one with a little better detail. :)