HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RLucky82

new helmet

14 posts in this topic

You should shop at least at your dealer. Getting a helmet to fit right is crutial. I have found most dealers prices to be competitive it not better than mail order after shipping. Wait for end of year or season sales as well and youll save a bundel at the shop. I really like the new HJC helmets , they are good quality, light weight, well made hats and the prices are very good on them. I wont spend a fortune an a dirt bike helmet since they take such a beating, but I want it to fit right, be comfortable, and look good. I see alot of people riding the newer HJCs latley too, its a great off road helmet for a great price IMHO.

What ever you do, get fitted by an expert, different helmets fit different heads differently and you need a good fit for the helmet to work as well as it can for you.

I agree completly on both points. HJC great helmet for the price but make sure to try on any helmet before buying. I was burned once on a closeout via the internet and won't go that route again.

Now you tell me.

I was close to having to wear a helmet in high school.

The short bus kids were always going on field trips so I figured anything was better than algebra.

I have always tried various helemts on at a dealership and then ordered via mail order.

I would highly recommend the Arai VX Pro. Make sure you get the best helmet you can afford as this is not something you want to skimp on. As I have always said "if you have a $50 head, buy a $50 helmet" :)

Ron

I have always tried various helemts on at a dealership and then ordered via mail order.

I would highly recommend the Arai VX Pro. Make sure you get the best helmet you can afford as this is not something you want to skimp on. As I have always said "if you have a $50 head, buy a $50 helmet" :)

Ron

Well this will be an upgrade from my used Bell Moto 5 that i paid 50 bucks for many years ago, and i reluctantly gave it away just so I would buy a new one! I have a medium 7-1/4 to 7-1/2 Arai head but usualy buy Shoie helmets (street) cause there less $. I have been around a while so i pretty much know what size fits. Thanks for ur input.

Well I just snagged a HJC from the local honda dealer for $90. :blush:I can't help it I'm cheap.

It fits ok but after i crash in it a few times it'l fit better. :)

BTW Zekedawg that is the best avitar I have seen.

ya I would like to see that one with a little better detail. :)