2001 exhaust for my 2000

what is the new trick with the 2001 exhaust, i mean what did yamaha changed in the 2001 exhaust that u can reach to the oil filter easy, can i change it in my 2000 also?

It's bent slightly differently. I wouldn't recommend trying to bend your 2000, you may do more dammage than good :)

Mr T

I put FMF exhaust on my 2000 426 and the header is built so you can reach the oil filter. Alot nicer than pulling the stock off everytime you wanted to change the filter

Try loosening the header bolts and see if the head pipe won't rotate ever so slightly...just enough to be able to remove the oil filter.

I changed my 2000 over to a complete 2001 system. It mounts fine. No more pissing around with the head pipe bolts - finally.

The part numbers are different for the headpipe for obvious reasons, but the only reason the muffler part number is different is because of the smash-dent-by-(bad)-design, which provides a little more clearance for the brake caliper. So you could just get an 01 headpipe. Of course, if you don't care about the presence of a heatshield or burnt leathers, you could go with an aftermarket headpipe.

Rubber down - rippin ruts.

Boomer

hi again

i understand that i can replace only the headpipe ( without the silencer) in order to reach the oil filter. i ride only trail n offroad (no moto),what head pipe do u recommend? where can i order it from?

so if i want to reach the oil filter easily on my yz426 2000,what header do u recommend? where can i order it from ?

so if i want to reach the oil filter easily on my yz426 2000,what header do u recommend? where can i order it from ?

usually, an aftermarket header wouldn't fit the stock muffler, but you could start e-mailing different companies. FMF and DSP make good headers.

------------------

Josh

01' WR426

99' YZ400

87' FZR1000

Uh, like twist the throttle...