HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mor

2001 exhaust for my 2000

9 posts in this topic

It's bent slightly differently. I wouldn't recommend trying to bend your 2000, you may do more dammage than good :)

Mr T

I changed my 2000 over to a complete 2001 system. It mounts fine. No more pissing around with the head pipe bolts - finally.

The part numbers are different for the headpipe for obvious reasons, but the only reason the muffler part number is different is because of the smash-dent-by-(bad)-design, which provides a little more clearance for the brake caliper. So you could just get an 01 headpipe. Of course, if you don't care about the presence of a heatshield or burnt leathers, you could go with an aftermarket headpipe.

Rubber down - rippin ruts.

Boomer

hi again

i understand that i can replace only the headpipe ( without the silencer) in order to reach the oil filter. i ride only trail n offroad (no moto),what head pipe do u recommend? where can i order it from?

usually, an aftermarket header wouldn't fit the stock muffler, but you could start e-mailing different companies. FMF and DSP make good headers.

------------------

Josh

01' WR426

99' YZ400

87' FZR1000

Uh, like twist the throttle...