HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tjtibb

YZF426 Tank Fitment

10 posts in this topic

Anyone know if the Acerbis 6.6 gallon tank for a 2004 yzf450 will fit on my 2001 YZF426?

From the info i have found, looks like the mounts are in a little different spot at the front, but a mounting strap can fix this.

Not sure how the seat will mate with this larger tank.

Only looking to swap tanks - not complete plastic upgrade at this time.

Thanks

As far as the tank goes, you can make it work by building a set of plates to reach from the tank to the frame mounting points. There's a how-to in Common Threads that covers this.

The trouble is that you'll have to figure out how to make the seat match up. With a tank that big, there could also be other clearance problems, the first of which could be the oil filler.

With a tank that big, there could also be other clearance problems, the first of which could be the oil filler.

Exactly. Here's a close-up of its front side:

the Acerbis 6.6 gallon tank on an 03 WR250F

DSCN2209.JPG

Do you have any other pictures of the installation?

Not sure how it will fit with the radiators and clearance to starter.

Thanks

I'm looking into this as well. The picture you posted is at a bad angle. There is more room up front than it looks in that picture. I found this picture of a guy over seas that put the 6.6 on his bike. Its a 426 and he did the body swap aswell. I still want to hear from someone that did this.

Here is where I got the pic. http://main.slackriders.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=50819/view=previous.html

IMG_3385.jpg

Edited by Parx_400

BTW here is my wr450 I use to own. You can see the back point of the tank is right at the rear shock. The 426 above with the 6.6 tank has it right at the same spot.

IMAG0297.jpg