Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stealth13

High mileage wr

19 posts in this topic

What's the most miles you guys get on your wr before needing a rebuild? Looking to do a mix of off and on road

No rumors, my dad met a guy down in south america with over 67000kms on a bone stock engine. 3rd piston though, original crank.

10,000 miles of street, supermoto, dualsport and single track riding on my 2007 and only 1 valve adjustment so far.

Why do you think you need a rebuild?

Mine doesn't it only has 700km from previous owner and I did 500km in a couple weeks. Wondering how long they last since I ride alot

These bikes are very reliable and do not require a lot of maintenance.

I change my oil and oil filter every 500 miles. I also do valve inspections every 2,500 miles.

Most common wear items for me are:

Suspension linkage

Wheel bearings

Water pump impeller weap seal

Brake pads

Fork seals

I have 1600km on mine now. Bought it with 700 so did more driving in a month than the previous owner did in 6 years

My 07 has been rode every week off road since new,(hundreds of miles a week) no speedo because of other front end.No valve adj.so far.

9500km on my 07 wr450. All single track. adjusted valves at around 6000km. motor is still running like new. haven't had to replace anything motorwise yet. Only tires, chain, sprockets, and brade pads.

I don't know but, My 03 WR450 has only around 300miles since new and I am thinking about doing 70mph for 30 miles straight 5 days a week with the stock gearings..

I don't know but, My 03 WR450 has only around 300miles since new and I am thinking about doing 70mph for 30 miles straight 5 days a week with the stock gearings..

Arent those 13/50? I have 06 with the 14/50 and won't cruise over 65 because it sounds buzzy past that

Only 50? Our highways are a minimum of 100 so I do like 105... If it was geared higher id do 120-130

I got over 14,000 miles of all dirt on my 02 before I had to change the TI valves and piston.

My 08 has almost 4000miles all single track. I have checked the valves twice and never had to adjust. I change the oil every ride (~100 miles) with a new filter every other ride. She runs like a dream still :thumbsup: