Asterisks......

Hey guys are you having trouble getting hold of the Asterisk brand knee braces? (limited amounts)

Also has anybody gone over from CTi's to Asterisk and what do you think of them?

I'm very interested in them and really need them (both knees dying slow deaths). I've been told that there is no way to get hold of a set untill Jan!!

Due to the fact that I live in Australia and that my friends sucks cause the only other good ones you can buy are the CTI-2's at $2500.00 a pair.

Flying Guitars how are yours going? and how well do you know Brad?

------------------

Because golf courses can be MX tracks! ?

I know one of the designers and last I heard was they were back ordered on certain sizes but I doubt it was till Jan. I do know that they don't have a internation distribution system set up so you probably need to deal with them on a one on one basis. Call them at 1-800-459-2999 and speak with Brad Freeman and explain your situation. You also can find one of the head designers on DRN under the user name "BillyWho"

------------------

Khris

"What's that?"

"It's a Yellow 99' YZ400!!"

i got a pair of the mediums a week and a half ago. ordered directly from them.

one thing though. with the leggings on (to prevent chaffing), they are darn HOT!

i was able to wring the sweat out by twisting them.

don't know how i like them yet because i had troubles starting my bike with them on. once underway, i liked them.

Thankyou all for your replies,

sirhk, I did try to contact them directly but I was referred to the local dealer that maybe established here in Australia,not yet established.When I talked to them all they wanted to do was sell me a set of Innovation Sports braces.

I have been in touch with "Billywho" about the braces and he is trying to do something for me. When he gets back to me I may have to ring Bred and talk to him from what I have heard he is a great guy.

I was just wondering if there was a real shortage in the States?

Thank's again for replying, It's hard when you live on the other side of the world.(I love the Internet)

------------------

YZ426,

That sounds VERY UNLIKE Asterisk. Next time you get in touch with them ask to speak specifically with Brad Freeman. Asterisk and Innovation Designs are owned by the same guy but are two seperate companies. I went to the factory and tried on some pre-release braces and some CTI2 braces and preferred the Asterisk. Billy can get your name in the system and maybe pull some strings but Brad is definately who you want to talk with.

------------------

Khris

"What's that?"

sirhk,

Billy put me in touch with Jeff at MXSOUTH and he helped me with the order Friday morning my time.

So I should see them within the next 2 weeks and then I'll be able to ride again and with some piece of mind! (I can't wait)

Thanks for replying.

btw Billy is a good guy and he tried his hardest. I think they had a problem with the International order.

------------------

Seems like this has been wrapped up nicely, I'll post this for future users. Brad Freeman the GM at Asterisk took great care of me when I ordered my braces. His phone extention is 084.

Lovin' the braces.

ps, don't hit the knee cups with your fist too hard, ya know, to see how much it'll take. I busted a knee cup tab where it inserts into the frame. Dopey me.

Air Warrior

I'll comment on that knee cup thing. I'm guessing he wasn't wearing them when he punhed them which allowed the knee cup to flex WAY beyond what it ever will with your knee in the brace. 2nd, I think the changed the plastic type that they were using. I think originally they were using a different plastic for the knee cups then what they used on the release clips for the straps. I think they've started making the knee cups out of the same material as the release buttons on the straps because it's more flexible. I also think they've recently increased the size of the tabs that hold the knee cup into the composite frame. Don't quote me one this stuff but it's what I remember Billy telling me last time we rode together. Infact he put the new knee cups on my braces and said they actually had to trim them down to fit in my frame because the new ones are bigger.

MikeO.

Don't let that scare you away, if you get a chance to see a pair you'll be sold. I'm guessing my first reason is why his cup broke and if you picture your leg in the brace and how the cup is held in you'll be able to tell why that would not happen. I've flexed mine a ton taking the cup on and off and never have had a problem with them. Also, I'll bet that they'll replace his cup for free.

------------------

Khris

"What's that?"