Dirtbike Registration.

So i recently purchased my first dirtbike, an 01 yz250 from a private seller. I filled out this application for transfer by new owner thing (which the seller kept) Then from there, the seller gave me the bike and pink slip, but told me i now had to go "register it under my name and pay some kind of tax, or some shit". IM confused, where can i do this? dmv? my car insurance company? And about how much is this gunna cost me? Keep in mind he said on the transfer form the purchased was made for 500 dollars. OH and also the bike is green stickered up until june 2012. HELP PLEASE THANKS!

If I remember correctly, AAA does not work with green or red sticker (offroad) registrations. You would go to the DMV and change title to your name (for which there probably is a fee), showing the pink slip title signed over to you, and I think you would also need to show them the bill of sale which shows the purchase price (which might have its own related fee), etc. Some months ahead of the June expiration of the current registration, you should receive a notice to pay for the subsequent green sticker period, which I think is two years long (I don't remember if red sticker period is two years---don't know if your bike is "red", but sounds like it is). Not sure how much cost is. But you can be sure the State will put your $ down the biggest black hole in the Union.

Edited by calbikeman2

The guy should have signed the pink slip on the front where it says something about releasing interest. Than you fill out the back an that is the application for transfer. You'll have to pay like 20 something bux for the transfer and sales tax on however much you paid for the bike. If you have a signed title you don't need a bill of sale yet people still insist on having them.

DMV. bring your pink slip...hopefully its signed by the previous owner and thats all you need.

And what you meant to say is 500 hundred is what you actually paid for the bike....right.....right

catch my drift

watch your cornhole bud. kommiefornia BOE dont &%$#@! around.

Edited by nofb