Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1nd1anajones

Warning Labels on Fenders

12 posts in this topic

Well I recent purchased a 11 yz450 and I cant stand the warning labels on the front and rear fenders and would like to remove them. I tried peeling them off but rather than coming off in one piece it just breaks up. So then I went to a hardware store and got a sticker removal spray and that did not work either.

This may sound stupid but how do I get these damn things off without ruining my fenders?

had the same issue, however i solved the issue with more stickers, jus left em there and covered them with a fender trim kit, i scratched the hell out of mine before i even got close to gettin them off

Score them with a razor blade just enough to break the surface without marking the fender, then put a rag wet with WD40 on them over night. After that, a pressure washer will blow them right across the street.

+1, I always use a little heat (hair drier works nice, too hot and you won't get it off either) and then just peel it off in one piece.

If they made the whole bike out of that bionic glue we'd never need a new one. lol

I dont have a pressure washer but I figured out what im going to do. I ordered a new front fender (keep the old one as a spare when I sell it) and I also ordered a trim kit to cover up the sticker on the rear fender.

I dont have a pressure washer but I figured out what im going to do. I ordered a new front fender (keep the old one as a spare when I sell it) and I also ordered a trim kit to cover up the sticker on the rear fender.

Seriously, less than a minute with a hair dryer and it will peel right up with no residue left behind. But if you have no woman in your household like me... you may not have a hair dryer at your disposal I suppose.