its never happed before

Hi all, i pulled my 03 wr450 out today and as i always do kicked it up with choke on then 5sec later pushed choke in

and kept it slow running with throttle until warm, the it ticks over, so i set off and when on 1/4 throttle alls good,

when ticking over alls good, but if i crack it open while ridding it just cuts out as if i turned ignition off, if i eased off on throttle to 1/4 alls good again,is this the dredded bog ive been reading about?? when it got proper warm to running temp its was fine not misssed a beat all day never happed before until today and after 5mins ridding not done it since

any iteas would be good as im wanting to get out next weekend too

thanks in advance

Hi thats not quite true i wouldn't call it good weather,when i got home i thought my toes had snapped off in my boots

but i still enjoyed, and with your kind help will enjoy next week too,but im going to put two pairs of socks on :bonk:

I have two thoughts on this...

1- I agree 100% with taskrider..I've been visiting my bike in the garage now for months now and that won't change soon.

2- Sounds a bit like it might have just been a bit of a gremlin. If the bike has been sitting for a long time and its fairly cool outside...and maybe it was not quite warmed up enough and maybe the gas was a little stale or some such minor issue and the combination just led to your experience.

I would wait a day or two and repeat what you did as precisely as possible and see if you get the same results.

If you can repeat the problem then a solution can likely be found.

If not...you may not have a problem at all.

OK Guys.... keep in mind he is using the short thermometer there so when he says 7 he means he had to borrow his Mum's sweater to go outside into the 40 degree F temperature. Yeah it was most likely the bog, either that or you bought some bogus premium gas from the petrol shop and paid what? 40 pounds sterling per liter? Maybe pop down to the auto parts store and get a can of gas treatment and give the bike a slug or two of that.

£40 per litre where do you get such cheap fuel from? as for the bog down does that only happen when cold then?

because when it warmed up it never put a foot wrong,the only thing iv'e done different last week was clean and oil the airfilter but iv'e been out after for the day and it was fine but this week messed about, anyway THE SUN IS SHINNING TODAY so i'm going to give a try again see if it was a one off i'l let you all know the results go have a look at your bike today make sure the cables havn't frozen up :bonk:

well i went out on bike today in the nice warm sun, and all was good so must have been a bit of damp or i didn't warm it up enough anyway went out with a few lads one dropped his in the river so river side repairs was needed stood up virtical on the back wheel with plug out, carb bung out airfilter squeezed and fired up 4th kick jolly good fun

God for you tomtom1

Thought that might happen.

Having driven mine in the blowing snow (its Canada you know)....sometimes the cold just gets in your face in many different ways. You've got to give them a long easy warm up and they treat you well.

God for you tomtom1

Thought that might happen.

Having driven mine in the blowing snow (its Canada you know)....sometimes the cold just gets in your face in many different ways.  You've got to give them a long easy warm up and they treat you well.

brrrrrrrr Canada! I can remember spending the coldest year of my life one week in Toronto. Ice storm drops 5 inches of ICE on everything.... couldn't walk across the parking lot even.Enjoy that balmy weather in the UK TomTom, hope to meet one day at your favorite pub.

brrrrrrrr Canada! I can remember spending the coldest year of my life one week in Toronto. Ice storm drops 5 inches of ICE on everything.... couldn't walk across the parking lot even.Enjoy that balmy weather in the UK TomTom, hope to meet one day at your favorite pub.

I wonder if that was the same storm I drove thru to go and watch the Pontiac SX? Can't remember the year, but that was one nasty storm!!! Maniac