HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baja Designs

Squadron discount For EFI

6 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

We’re in the process of engineering light systems geared specifically towards EFI bikes. But we need actual bikes to document an installation. In return for loaning us your bike for a few days, we are able to offer you the new Squadron LED, complete with install, for HALF THE RETAIL PRICE. If you have a 2010, 2011, or 2012 Yamaha YZ450F and are interested, please PM me. Thank you, and if you choose to take advantage of this exclusive offer, I look forward to getting in touch with you. * Must be local to southern Californiaicon10.gif

Thanks,

Gordon BD

(760)560-2252 EXT.124

This will be great for any of the efi bikes. I realize the YZ puts out around 100 watts or so, but does anyone know how much of it the bike actually needs to power the efi? The squadron looks to be about 44 watts, so I'm guessing that you would probably want to make sure that the light switch is "off" while trying to kick the bike over.

This will be great for any of the efi bikes. I realize the YZ puts out around 100 watts or so, but does anyone know how much of it the bike actually needs to power the efi? The squadron looks to be about 44 watts, so I'm guessing that you would probably want to make sure that the light switch is "off" while trying to kick the bike over.

My guess would be that the need for the 100+ watt output is so that there is enough energy to run the fuel pump at cranking speeds. I doubt the bike needs more than 20 watts or so to actually operate. It would be fairly simple to measure by connecting an ammeter in series between the main DC buss leaving the rectifier and the rest of the harness. Multiply the indicated current value by 12 to get your wattage.

The idea of using an off switch during starting is probably the best approach.

1 person likes this

Seems like they could make a nice plug and play with the plug going to the tuner port? Just an idea not sure what wires are there

The Squadron harness is plug and play, but that's why we need EFI bikes because we would like to make the best quality and user friendly EFI product we can. The Squadron will work fine on the YZf, it is about 115 watts, more than enough.

Thanks guys for the feedback.

Gordon BD

(760)560-2252 EXT.124