HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dktraw

426 big bore

2 posts in this topic

hey guys, buddy of mine is looking at getting a 4stroke thumper, and hes found a couple to look at. but my question is, one of them is a 426 with a supposed 486 big bore, but i cant find any 486 big bores available for the 426. is it something that they used to make, but discontinued? is it a reliable kit? any info would be great, thanks

A 2mm overbore in a 426 comes out 444cc. 2mm is about as big as is practical, and a 3mm, if anyone ever made one, would be 453cc. 486 would require a 101mm bore, whereas the stock cylinder is 95. Even if someone had used a 2mm overbore and used a stroker kit to reach 486, they'd have to add a whopping 6mm to the stroke.

The Marine Corps brass refers to this sort of thing as Bovine Scatology, but the Marines in the field just call it "BS".