2006 450 price?

I'm looking at a 2006 450 in very good condition, clean and never abused.

I know the previous owner and he always take good care of his equipment

Bike is bone stock (even bars, grips!) , and he just put new chain/sprocket and tires

What would you consider a fair price in this depressed market?

this is a bit Ot but wanted to

I want to get back on a thumper and tried to trade in my super clean 2010 YZ 250 (40 hours) but have got zero offer that make sense.

Private sale is not working either. I keep hearing that a lot of people want to go back on 2 strokes but they are obviously not living in my area.

(or if they do they think they can get it for 100 bucks)

I just purchased my first thumper about 2 weeks ago. It is an 06 like yours. But its also a 50th anniversary edition. I would say that for your if it is as clean as you say then 2400-2900. Im no expert at it and I cant see the bike so I may be way off. Just my opinion. Good luck

I bought my 2006 YZ450F about 2 months ago in a condition very much like you describe except mine had suspension

work done by Enzo Racing. The hour counter on mine showed 55 hours and I believe that to be accurate looking

at the bikes condition. I paid 3K even here in Southern Calif. Hope that helps you.

I'm looking at a 2006 450 in very good condition, clean and never abused.

I know the previous owner and he always take good care of his equipment

Bike is bone stock (even bars, grips!) , and he just put new chain/sprocket and tires

What would you consider a fair price in this depressed market?

$2500

I paid 2200 for my 06 in almost the same condition you mention but with a bunch of aftermarket goodies installed.