Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tommie594

New here, New Bike.. 00' YZ426

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm new here but have been doing some reading.... Picked up a 2000 YZ426 from my brother today. Hope to take care of a few minor things on it, and go riding.... This is my 1st Dirt Bike, but I have been riding smaller ones, and playing with the kids and their bikes for a while...

I plan on doing some more reading here about carburetor tuning, and updating to a 450 exhaust cam. and any other mods that will help the bike run better.

What spark plug works best?

What engine oil is reccommended?

lots of information here, seems like a great site! Spent a lot of time already reading the stickies...

Hello,

I'm new here but have been doing some reading.... Picked up a 2000 YZ426 from my brother today. Hope to take care of a few minor things on it, and go riding.... This is my 1st Dirt Bike, but I have been riding smaller ones, and playing with the kids and their bikes for a while...

I plan on doing some more reading here about carburetor tuning, and updating to a 450 exhaust cam. and any other mods that will help the bike run better.

What spark plug works best?

What engine oil is reccommended?

lots of information here, seems like a great site! Spent a lot of time already reading the stickies...

Congratulations and welcome to TT. Been looking at what oil is best for my 450 and I think ill be going with either yamalube, amsoil, or mobil 1 10w 40. Synthetic is always better but is more expensive

I'm picking up a jug of Rotella T tomorrow at Wal Mart....it works for my track bike and my street bike so I assume it will work fine for the dirt bike. I'm gonna get the T6 synth since the bike has had nothing but synth it's entire life....but after reading thru threads here I have discovered that you can switch back and forth between synth and dino oil with nary a problem.