Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hotdamnreg100

swaping in a YZ450 crank and piston to a yz426 engine case.

11 posts in this topic

hello, my name name is reg. I just blew the crank in my yz426. Wanted to know if anyone knows if you can swap in a 450 crank and piston into the yz426 engine case. I want to know cause no one makes the 426 crankshaft other than yamaha and they are expensive. Thanks for the help.

Just remember, you get what you pay for in aftermarket cranks. What did you blow on it? Did you weld the rod to the pin? That should be rebuildable.

hello, my name name is reg. I just blew the crank in my yz426. Wanted to know if anyone knows if you can swap in a 450 crank and piston into the yz426 engine case. I want to know cause no one makes the 426 crankshaft other than yamaha and they are expensive. Thanks for the help.

Your crank is rebuidable ... about $150.00 for the rod kit ... $50.00 labor to install the rod ... total $200.00

The timing gear is messed up. Is the 450 piston pin bore closer to the the top of the piston to make up for the stroke. Or are to two engines completely different. Wondering If I can use the 450 crank and 450 piston in the 426 block and jug.

The timing gear is not pressed on the crank? You should be able to buy the timing gear if it is.

The timing gear is not pressed on the crank?

Nope. It's cut in place. One reason maintaining your timing chain is so important

How expensive is too expensive for the crank? You can buy it new for $297 through Service Honda. You can buy and replace the damaged crank half for $200 but you'll still need a pin, rod, and bearing which is another $100 and add $100 in labor on top to build it.